SA Ubuntu Foundation is a South African-based non-profit organisation that relies entirely on the support and donations of our partners.
We are a registered charity with PBO number 930 033 643.
We will only contact you if you have provided express permission for us to do so. If you wish to change how you hear from us or no longer want to be contacted, you can unsubscribe using the unsubscribe link in any of the emails you have received from us. Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this policy or update your contact preferences/unsubscribe.
Please note that even if you opt out of marketing communications, we may still need to contact you for administrative purposes, such as regarding a donation you made or to provide requested information.
How SA Ubuntu Foundation Collects Personal Information
Directly from you: We collect personal information when you interact with us, such as when you donate, participate in a campaign, or attend an event. When you visit our website, we may gather information about your browsing activities to improve your online experience.
Indirectly: We may collect personal information indirectly when you interact with third parties, such as donating through a third-party website that shares your information with us. Additionally, if you engage with us on social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, or YouTube, you may give us permission to access personal information from those accounts.
Personal Information Collected by Us and Its Use
The personal information we collect and store depends on how you interact with us and the information you choose to provide. It may include your name, email address, address, contact number, contact preference, company details, or volunteering preferences.
We collect and process personal information for the following purposes:
- To maintain an accurate record of your relationship with SA Ubuntu Foundation and any specific actions you have taken, such as event attendance, donations, volunteering, or fundraising.
- To contact you regarding queries or information you have requested.
- To process donations, express gratitude for your contributions, and fulfil orders or communicate with you about your registrations or purchases.
- To process applications for employment or volunteering positions.
- To provide you with updates, news, and information on how you can support our work/programmes. We will only contact you if you have given us permission to do so, and all communication is optional.
- To analyse and improve our website, services, products, or the information we provide to you.
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications and reach similar audiences on social media.
- To provide services, products, or information requested by you or reasonably expected by you.
- To better understand our supporters, analyse their behaviour, and develop audience propositions.
- To enable your participation in competitions and administer them.
- To send you emails in case of any issues or to offer assistance if, for example, you started but didn’t complete a form, donation, or purchase.
- To display targeted online advertisements to you based on your visit to our website.
If you wish to change how we use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
SA Ubuntu Foundation takes appropriate measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal information. We do not share or sell your information with unrelated third parties.
While we strive to protect your personal information, please be aware that transmitting information over the internet is not entirely secure. Therefore, you assume any risk associated with transmitting information to us. Once we receive your personal information, we make every effort to ensure its security.
Our staff members with access to personal information understand the importance of keeping it safe and are required to follow our internal privacy and security policies.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with partners, agents, or service providers who assist us in performing services or gaining a better understanding of our supporters, including event and venue sponsors. These partners act under our instruction and are prohibited from using your personal information for their own purposes.
By participating in an event or attending a venue organised by SA Ubuntu Foundation, you consent to the sharing of your information with SA Ubuntu Foundation, event partners, and venue partners for further communication regarding the event. You understand that you can unsubscribe or update your preferences at any time using the unsubscribe link in the emails you receive.
We promise to keep your details safe and will never sell or swap your personal information with any other organisation.
You have the following rights:
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and how we use it.
- Request corrections to your personal information if it is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated.
- Depending on the reasons for processing your personal information, you may also have the following rights:
- Request the erasure of your personal information from our records.
- Withdraw consent for us to use your personal information to contact you.
You can contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this information or update your preferences.
If you prefer not to see targeted advertising from us on social media, please refer to the instructions provided by the specific social media platform (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google).
We may disclose personal information if required by law or if we believe it is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property, or personal safety of SA Ubuntu Foundation, our websites, or our visitors, and for other lawful purposes.
SA Ubuntu Foundation and Cookies
Cookies are small text files placed on your device to enhance your browsing experience and communication with us. They help us personalise the website, avoid duplicate registrations, estimate the number of website visitors and their patterns, analyse user behaviour, measure the effectiveness of marketing communications, and display relevant advertising on other websites.
You can configure your devices to accept all cookies, choose the types of cookies you accept, receive notifications when a cookie is issued, or reject cookies altogether. For instructions on managing cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies.